PhotoImpact International Forum Home

Welcome to PhotoImpact International

This forum is a community of members who share a common interest in graphics and photography.

We would be pleased if you would join in our community.
You will meet friendly people, get support and can show off your creativity.

Sorry, our forums are only available to members. To become a member, register. We will send you a questionnaire to complete and email back to us. Once we receive the questionnaire back, we will be in touch with you with user name and password.

I'm back! - Getting to Know You - General Discussion - Getting to Know You - Software Help - Sharing Resources - PhotoImpact International Forum
 Moderated by: Mardaleh
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Dec 7th, 2012 07:53 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
JalenPoet
Members

Time Zone: CST Central Standard N America UTC -6
Name: Laura
-: 
-

Good morning all, its 130 am where I am. I am a night owl and do my best work at this time! I was hear many years ago, on other forum I think, taking the Beginners Workshop classes but was unable to finish due to health reasons. My health is much more manageable and all I have is time on my hands and eager to re-learn PI! I started on PIX and loved it, coupled with Cool 3D I would create graphics to accompany my poetry. I have been a published poet since 2000, I believe. Here's my bio:

I am almost 50 and a proud mother of two sons and my first grand-baby is turning 20 months! The sad thing is they are all in another state! Thank goodness for technology and can see them daily but it doesn't compare to being able to hug them! I have suffered from RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) since 1969 but wasn't officially diagnosed with it until 2003. I can happily say that although I have RSD it will never have me! I am very strong- willed, independent, driven woman. Life forced me to be that way and am thankful for that now. I realize it strengthened me so that IO can successfully cope with my RSD.
     I use to create thumbnails for my poetry uploads at a graphic community with Cool 3D and graphics to accompany my poetry with PI X and 11. Now that I have a lot more time on my hands I want to familarize myself with PI and retake the classes! I am creating a book for my poetry and want all my illustrations to be done by me. That way there will be no copyright worries. Unfortunately I lost all my previous work and notes when my hard drive crashed! I was devastated and couldn't recall this place.
      I believe there are no coincidences. I ran across the PIRCVILLE Map and visited everywhere, loved it, rediscovered here and joined! I love to meet new people and learn new things. This is the perfect place for me to do that. I smiled when I saw the familiar faces of Sparrow and Acadie.:love3 I remember spending a lot of time years ago admiring their work and excited to see that they are still here!
      In my spare time I love to write, read, play games on my pc. I prefer not to have a TV, because now days anything you want to watch you can catch on pc and I save 70.00 month. I don't know about you, but I can use that amount of $ elsewhere in my life, like being a PII Supporter :)..I look forward to getting renewing with old friends and welcome all new and future ones!:mcLet's get to creating!

Posted: Fri Dec 7th, 2012 09:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
ScrappyGranny
Administrator/Moderator

Name: Cindy
-: 
-

:mc2
Hellooooo, Laura!! Is good to see you here, and welcome back!! I don't know for sure if I've met you before. I do see you are in Arkansas. We are, too, now. Hubby and I moved down here 7 years ago from Illinois.

RSD... I'm not sure, but I think one of my nieces has that, too, or something very similar. They live in Wisconsin.

ohhhlands... losing all your stuffs in the dreaded hard drive crash. ouch I wish you well with your poetry and illustrations for it!! yeah!! that is so cool.

Glad you've taken PI back up and are doing the BW thing and expect to see lots of your stuff here!! Looking forward to it!! :)

Posted: Sat Dec 8th, 2012 03:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
JalenPoet
Members

-: 
-

:mc

Hi There! So we are fellow Arkansans! I'm in Central AR, where are you? I really love it here! Although I am away from my sons and grand-baby my sister and all her family! There are nieces, nephews, and great nephew!
       I'm so excited to be here and on pins and needles waiting to hear back from BW! I have to keep my emotions on even keel as much as possible. Excessive emotions of any kind trigger my RSD to increase to unbearable pain! Thanks to my faith over the years my ability to manage my emotions have increased considerably!
        I am going to rest now.. ty for the warm welcome! I'm sure we will see a lot of each other in the future! :):T-up1

Posted: Sat Dec 8th, 2012 05:39 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
ScrappyGranny
Administrator/Moderator

Name: Cindy
-: 
-

Hey, neighbor! Maybe a close neighbor! LOL I'm in central Arkansas, too, El Paso. The last lady I met on this board from Arkansas was 4 years ago >?< and found out we live 15 minutes from each other. We did decide to meet for breakfast and while talking we discovered we went through basic training in the Air Force together 40 years earlier!

Now now.. don't get toooooo excited... nope... don't want the RSD riled up. A LITTLE excited, ok, but no excess. We looked down here and really liked the country down here, very pretty. Also not so cold in the winter as Illinois and not as long. Summers are hotter and longer and the ground is hard clay and haven't learned how to garden in it yet. LOL Maybe a spring garden and a fall garden, forget a summer garden all together. that might do the trick.

Have a good night!! :)

Posted: Sun Dec 9th, 2012 03:37 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
anne
Members

Time Zone: ACDT Australian Central Daylight Aus UTC +10:30
Name: Anne
-: 
-

Good to meet you, Laura and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your PI (and poetry) creations. Welcome!

Anne

Posted: Sun Dec 9th, 2012 10:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Carol
Moderator/BW Mentor

Time Zone: ACDT Australian Central Daylight Aus UTC +10:30
Name: Carol
-: 
-

Hi Laura, it's great to see you back again and I too look forward to seeing some of your work :)

Posted: Tue Dec 11th, 2012 03:57 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
JalenPoet
Members

-: 
-

Hi Ann and Carol ty for the welcome backs and I certainly post my creations when my knowledge of PI X3 is better. :)

Current time is 02:12 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1758 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 27 queries executed.