PhotoImpact International Forum Home

Welcome to PhotoImpact International

This forum is a community of members who share a common interest in graphics and photography.

We would be pleased if you would join in our community.
You will meet friendly people, get support and can show off your creativity.

Sorry, our forums are only available to members. To become a member, register. We will send you a questionnaire to complete and email back to us. Once we receive the questionnaire back, we will be in touch with you with user name and password.

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Forum! - Scrapbooking - Activity Forums Novice to Advanced -- There is something for You - PhotoImpact International Forum
 Moderated by: ScrappyGranny
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Apr 14th, 2008 04:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
ScrappyGranny
Administrator/Moderator

Time Zone: CST Central Standard N America UTC -6
Name: Cindy
-: 
-

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Forum! :cool

I'm Cindy, the moderater of this totally fun (we all think, anyway) forum.

This is the place to post the scrap pages and cards and such whenever you find yourself in that creating mood and want to share what you have done. We love to see what everyone is making! A lot of times a page has that "OH! I want to do a page like that!" factor and hits someone in the forehead, and voila! another page is created! LOL  So PLEASE!!!  Post your pages here! It doesn't have to be a challenge page, but you are sure welcome to participate in them as well as the mega-kit creations. :yes3

We make monthly mega kits on the 1st of each month. We'll post the colors and theme  and a sign up list for the next kit before the current month ends. These kits always turn out so neat, everyone does such a great job! The files will be posted to the web so everyone can download.

The PI-I Mega Kits where the more recent Mega kits are located. Here is a LINK to tutorials made for scrapbooking and others that can be used for scrapbooking, as well as freebies to download as well as click 'n' fill templates. I'm still working on this page. I'm going to work on getting some of the older kits up on my server with links to them. We'll see how that turns out. LOTS of files to upload to do that.

Every Other Friday we have a scrapbooking challenge.

Mega Kit Guidelines
Respect copyright. Do you know where the images you are using came from? If you did not create it yourself, then someone holds the copyright. Please make your own objects and background papers.

Each month's kit will be based on the monthly color palette and theme posted here in the Scrapbooking Forum before the new month begins.

We are doing this in a Round Robin style according to the sign up post.

Each contributor will make a kit and can make as much or as little as they wish, using the color palette and theme for the month.

By using the colors and theme, all the kits created by everyone will end up in one Mega-Kit.

Additional guidelines:
-Please make all components at 200 or 300 ppi to be compatible for printing.

-Make any papers 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12 inches at 200 or 300 ppi. You can submit seamless tiles, also, for papers. [500 x 500 pixel size limit] Submit .jpg format on your tiles and paper.

-Make sure any elements designed are at a size compatible for an 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12 inch page. If making your papers at 200 ppi, also make the embellishments at 200 ppi, same with 300 ppi.

-Save all elements as a transparent .gif, .png, or .psd [remember, .psd these are huge in size!!!] Save papers as a .jpg; 500 x 500 pixel seamless tiles are preferred, but sometimes full size paper is needed for some designs.

Make a zip file of your submission and email it to me, Cindy. Always include a way of contacting you on the things you make to share.

Name your zip files: You can use your name or initials. name-sept07mk-item.zip  .... re-oct07mk-all.zip    (or .rar)   There are more than one year's worth of mega-kits up so pleas remember to add the year.

Your separate items should be named: Example: name-sept08-tags02.

Try to keep your zips around 5-7mg.

Make a preview page (600 pixels on the largest side, 100 dpi or lower) .jpg showing all you made and post it to the SB Forum as a New Topic; title example- Sept. Mega Kit and your name in the subject line.

Have a great time creating! :wiggle

Email Cindy with your zip files!!

Scrapbooking Nudges

We all need a nudge from time to time to do some things... sometimes even to scrapbook!! >gasp< I do. I get in a rut, I get tired of it sometimes... but I still love it. Then I need a nudge (boot in the rear?) to get me going again. LOL

I was thinking... OH OH!! OH NO!! She's been thinking again!!! yep. :)

Prompts!! Just little nudges and ideas of something we can do to make our scrapbooks.

Here are a few ideas for ya.. if you want, pick one, make the book, post your pages so we can see them and get others rolling on making and sharing their pages!

Themed Scrapbooks

Holidays Theme
Scrap a book of the different holidays for the year... or a book of a single holiday throughout several years

Years of 4th of July celebrations
Years of Christmases
Years of Thanksgivings

Sections of the big holidays throughout the years in the same book

Birthdays
Create a book of a person's birthday throughout the years or a book of birthdays throughout the year for everyone in the family.

It doesn't even have to be a BIG scrapbook. Make an 8 x 8 of a birthday party that someone had. Go wild!

Colored Theme
A book with all the pages of a certain color, or set of colors.

First Year Book
It can be a first year of anything... baby, pet, new house, first year in a new location... be creative!

Recipe Book
Create a scrapbook, be it 12 x 12, 8 x 8, 9 x 10, 4 x 6, of your favorite recipes you'd like to share. Make one as a gift to someone. I made one a couple of years ago for a Christmas gift to my niece. It wasn't a real big one and it wasn't a digital one, but I think it would have been much easier doing it digital! Great gift for someone who likes to cook! Or, heck, keep it for yourself! aahh... ya know... I think with a recipe book it would be good to have the pages printed separately and put into plastic page protectors and into a 3 ring binder, fancied up, of course! LOL

Wedding Scrapbook
Those always make great gift books to a newly married couple. Do you have a wedding album from your own wedding? We never did until a few years ago when I made one using the pictures that we had. I made it paper scrapping, and things are falling apart already, but I made one. I'm thinking about making a digital one, too.

I made wedding book for a nephew of ours when he got married a couple years ago. My sister-in-law sent me the pictures and I made a book of their wedding and reception, sent it to Winkflash and when it was finished had them send it to the newlyweds. I finally saw the book when I was in Illinois last May and it turned out very nicely and Ethan and Becka love it. That was our wedding present to them.

School Book
A book for the entire school year for a child or a book of school happenings and photos throughout the years for a grown child or...

I made a paper bag book for a school year, wasn't large, I think.. what 12 to 16 pages. I made the pages to put on the bag pages digitally and glued, stapled, sewed them onto the paper bag, ready for the kids, moms, dads, to add pictures and text to the book, and gave them to the kids for Christmas. They all loved them, even the kids! LOL You could make a paper bag book for each year so the kids can put their "touch" to the pages.

We have room for more ideas! Share some ideas you have, post them here so we can try them.

Pick and choose which one you want to do and let us know. Shoot, you all probably are already doing something like this! LOL Be sure to keep us posted how you are doing and pages so we can oooooohhhh and aaaaahhhh at them!

Link for the WinRar Free download is http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html

Link for Quick Zip free download
http://www.quickzip.org/softwares.html

Quick Zip also opens .rar files.

Here are a couple of links that are about ppi sizes and printing that might be useful.

Digital Scrapbook Place and The Myth about

If you have any questions, be sure to ask on the forum! There's sure to be someone here who can answer your question.

Posting your pages here to show need to be no larger than 600 pixels on the largest side but you may post as a link to a larger picture or page. We are happy to see any of your sb pages at any time.

I also teach a beginners course for Digital Scrapbooking with PhotoImpact at the Visual Arts Academy.

Enjoy your time here in the Scrapbooking Forum! We look forward to having you share your work with us here! :y

Font Resources
This is the Font resources, if you find some link that are no longer working please let us know. If you have new font resources we don't have, let us know, we will gladly add them to the list here.

Font List:

Harold's Fonts

Website Tips - Fonts Forget about doing anything other than "font grazing" at this site. :D

The Teachers' Parking Lot Very cute and clever stuff here.

Nick's Fonts  His fonts are just too cool.

Aenigma Fonts Very cool/funky fonts here.

TypOasis I've spent many hours here...

KingThings Fonts

Dingbat Depot

Miniscule bitmap fonts

The links below were submitted by Jennifer (a.k.a. Yarnie). Thanks! :D :D

Acid Fonts

Font Freak

Free Typewriter Fonts

the Dingbat pages

Fontcraft's Scriptorium Fonts and Graphic Arts

Flash Kit Fonts Home

Shareware and Freeware Fonts

KatGyrl®'s Fontain of Youth

FontFILE

http://www.apostrophiclab.com

Genuine Letterhead Fonts -- Welcome

Link Ware Lane - Dingbats

Free Fonts-Links to collections of free fonts

http://www.pizzadude.dk

Fonthead Design - Cool Fonts

Fontalicious!

Font Diner - Cool Retro Fonts!

FONTSEEK.com - finding fonts on the web

Font Garden - daily downloads of free fonts!

fontlover.com!

Iconian Fonts

MyFonts.com Find fonts, Try fonts, Buy fonts

Fontosaurus Text

FOUNTAIN

Font Avenue - resources for font people

Blue Vinyl Fonts

House of Lime

FREE CHANK FONTS!

Rotodesign Fonts

dinc!

Simply the Best fonts

Larabie Fonts - hundreds of original, freeware fonts

Old Handwriting Fonts, Old Text Fonts

Adding another:

Scrappin' Fun

Kats fun Fonts

Font Tools:

STC Font Browser Font Browser allows you to see fonts installed on your system online. (thanks to Yarnie!)

This is the font viewer that I am now using, works well with Windows 7. AMP Font Viewer

Windows Fonts That Should Not Be Deleted
Do not delete the following fonts:

Arial (TrueType)
Arial Bold (TrueType)
Arial Bold Italic (TrueType)
Arial Italic (TrueType)
Courier 10,12,15 (VGA res)
Courier New (TrueType)
Courier New Bold (TrueType)
Courier New Bold Italic (TrueType)
Courier New Italic (TrueType)
Marlett (Windows 95/98 ) *
Modern (Plotter)
MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24 (VGA res)
MS Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24 (VGA res)
Roman (Plotter)
Script (Plotter)
Small fonts (VGA res)
Symbol (TrueType)
Symbol 8,10,12,14,18,24 (VGA res)
Times New Roman (TrueType) -
Times New Roman Bold (TrueType)
Times New Roman Bold Italic (TrueType)
Times New Roman Italic (TrueType)
Wingdings (TrueType)
Any font with a red A for its icon.
Any font that begins with the letters MS.

*Marlett is a hidden system file and it will not show up in a search, however, it may show up in your program font lists.

Additionally, some programs have fonts that are required for that program to display properly. Those fonts that are not listed above are listed here along with the program:

CorelDRAW
Avant Garde Book BT (TrueType)
Avant Garde Oblique BT (TrueType)
Avant Garde Medium BT (TrueType)
Avant Garde Medium Oblique BT (TrueType)
CommonBullets (TrueType)
FuturaMedcondBT (Corel's # TT0201M.TTF)

Print Artist
Palisade

Windows Draw
Swiss921 BT
(Also see page 4 of the manual for Windows Draw 6 Print Studio, and page 27 of the manual for Complete Publisher '99 for a list of fonts that must be installed for the text styles and templates to appear properly.)

Creatacard
Swiss721 BT
(Creatacard also has fonts that begin with CAC - these can be removed, however, some of the included projects may not display correctly.)

Internet Web Browsers
Webdings

Office 97 (including Outlook 98 )
Tahoma

Quickbooks
Four fonts that all start with "Quicktype"

MS Bookshelf
Three fonts called Bookshelf Symbols 1-3

Picture It
Comic Sans and Comic BD
-------------

Thanks again to Yarnie for researching this. :)[/url][url]

Current time is 12:33 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1392 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 26 queries executed.