PhotoImpact International Forum Home

Welcome to PhotoImpact International

This forum is a community of members who share a common interest in graphics and photography.

We would be pleased if you would join in our community.
You will meet friendly people, get support and can show off your creativity.

Sorry, our forums are only available to members. To become a member, register. We will send you a questionnaire to complete and email back to us. Once we receive the questionnaire back, we will be in touch with you with user name and password.

Help Again Please by Di - Study Hall - Activity Forums Novice to Advanced -- There is something for You - PhotoImpact International Forum
 Moderated by: ScrappyGranny
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jun 3rd, 2015 02:51 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
FlutterbyDi
Members

Time Zone: CDT Central Daylight N America UTC -5
Name: Di
-: 
-

Well once again I have gotten my font color stuck and I cannot find my notes to correct it. I know it had to do with True color, but when I finally found it I could not click on it. It was not clickable. Your help will be appreciated and I promise to get this written down somewhere I will hopefully find it again. Thanks

Posted: Wed Jun 3rd, 2015 02:00 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
coldwetnoz

Time Zone: EST Eastern Std N America UTC -5
Name: Pauline
-: 
-

Can you explain what you mean by "font color stuck"?

http://thefeatherranch.com
God gave us our memories so that we might have roses in December.

Posted: Wed Jun 3rd, 2015 03:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
ScrappyGranny
Administrator/Moderator

Time Zone: CST Central Standard N America UTC -6
Name: Cindy
-: 
-

hmmm... Are you in Black and White mode or grey scale mode, maybe?

With your work area open and chosen, click on Adjust in the top tool bar, Convert Data Type, RGB True Color. That will pop open a new work area with your text in it but everything will be merged into the background.

Now, to avoid having to do that, when you open a New Work Area/Blank Image, Click on the New Image icon/File, New, New Image... and at the top of that screen is Data Type, make sure the square all the way to the right with the three colored lines is selected. I won't say I NEVER open and New Blank Image in black and white, cause sure as shootin' I may have and may do so again sometime. LOLOL

Hope this is helps !!

Posted: Thu Jun 4th, 2015 12:34 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
FlutterbyDi
Members

-: 
-

Thanks again Cindy!!! Although when I opened it tonight and started the new image and tried typing and changing color it was fine.... Last night I had been working on an image and had used Text Style under Text/Path Effects and it was after using that I could not change the color when I wanted to make more text for the same project but in different font and mostly different color.

Even now testing what you said at first when I go to Convert Data Type, RGB True Color, the RGB True Color area is not clickable. See photo -- I did a print screen.Well that is where I stand. I am writing down your instructions now in my book so I have them but any idea why don't have the RGB option?

Attachment:

Posted: Thu Jun 4th, 2015 12:37 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
FlutterbyDi
Members

-: 
-

Oops kind of small but still you should be able to see the RGB is not lit up.

Posted: Thu Jun 4th, 2015 05:14 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
ScrappyGranny
Administrator/Moderator

Time Zone: CST Central Standard N America UTC -6
Name: Cindy
-: 
-

hmmmm.... if the RGB is dimmed out it is already an RGB...

Are you selecting your text before you try to switch colors? Are you trying to switch colors by filling it with a paint bucket or paint brush? If the latter two, text will need to be converted to image before you can color that way. OOORRRR.. if you are trying to change colors in the Text/Path Effects in the Easy Pallet and the text is no longer in Text or path format but is image, you will need to type out some new text then use the EP Text/Path Effect on it.

Good luck ! :)

Posted: Mon Jun 8th, 2015 11:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
FlutterbyDi
Members

-: 
-

Thanks Cindy...I copied down your directions for the future. I had use the Text/Path Effects in the Easy Pallet and then wanted to do a plain... It seemed to be stuck in the first and I couldn't get it out of it. Guess I needed to save it and then go back in and add the next one

Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2015 02:20 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
anne
Members

Time Zone: ACDT Australian Central Daylight Aus UTC +10:30
Name: Anne
-: 
-

I THINK there's an option in the Easy Palette effects list, to "reset", which gives a basic grey (but still RGB) option. Not sure about most recent PI version and I've not got PI on this computer to check but it would be worth looking for it on yours for future use.

Anne

Current time is 12:40 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1826 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 27 queries executed.