PhotoImpact International Forum Home

Welcome to PhotoImpact International

This forum is a community of members who share a common interest in graphics and photography.

We would be pleased if you would join in our community.
You will meet friendly people, get support and can show off your creativity.

Sorry, our forums are only available to members. To become a member, register. We will send you a questionnaire to complete and email back to us. Once we receive the questionnaire back, we will be in touch with you with user name and password.

Hello it's me again....asking for assistance. - Study Hall - Activity Forums Novice to Advanced -- There is something for You - PhotoImpact International Forum
 Moderated by: ScrappyGranny
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Nov 19th, 2015 12:11 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
FlutterbyDi
Members

Time Zone: CDT Central Daylight N America UTC -5
Name: Di
-: 
-

I need help with my cropping please. I keep going back to the study hall area on this but something just doesn't click. I have followed the directions and a couple of times it worked and the next time it will not. Most of the time I cannot get the cropped area I still get the whole original. Any idea what I am doing wrong? There are times I really need this ability and I just can't seem to get it down. Looks simple enough and like I said I have done it and cannot see what I am changing when it will not.
HELP confused in Missouri

Posted: Thu Nov 19th, 2015 12:25 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
FlutterbyDi
Members

-: 
-

Hey I think I may have solved my own mystery. I opened the original of one I've been trying to crop and yep I got it. My mistake is that I have been dragging the image over to a new blank image and it doesn't work. Did I solve it? Well, it worked from opening the original and cropping so I think maybe that is it. Now to try that again and then keep that in my ole head for next time.Di you must use the original not drag it to a blank!!!!

Posted: Thu Nov 19th, 2015 01:44 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
ScrappyGranny
Administrator/Moderator

Time Zone: CST Central Standard N America UTC -6
Name: Cindy
-: 
-

I had to go play at what you were doing. Yep.. You can still drag the image you want to crop to a new blank image to crop it there, but you have to merge it first. While I was playing with that crop tool to find out what was what, I discovered the perspective crop! How cool! (can you tell I don't use the crop tool often?) LOL I almost always use the standard selection tool and then control R to do my cropping. I should get into the habit of using the crop tool, maybe! :)

Posted: Thu Nov 19th, 2015 11:58 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
FlutterbyDi
Members

-: 
-

Never tried the perspective crop and never heard of the control R...New things to take a peek at and get confused...LOL Thanks for checking me out Cindy.

Posted: Thu Nov 19th, 2015 07:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
ScrappyGranny
Administrator/Moderator

Time Zone: CST Central Standard N America UTC -6
Name: Cindy
-: 
-

LOL Well, looks like I'm still discovering things here and I've been using PI from Version 4 from 1996?? YEOW!!!! Course I didn't do Beginner's Workshop till 2005, I believe. That's when I REALLY started learning how to do things in PI. Made it a lot easier to find things how to do what I was trying to do. And the help around here is fabulous! And YOU, lady, are doing very well so far! Keep it up! :)

Current time is 09:44 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1656 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 26 queries executed.